Question

dannytsdl

Unfair to have 3 different places to keep strait. 20 years ago only one.

There were probably 100s local companies have your credit info 30 years ago. I remember in late 80s I walked into one of local credit office to get my report. I don't think it's from one centralized company.

-

If you think 3 CRA is hard to keep your credit info straight and it's not fair? Then you really wouldn't like to know there are more than just three, probably more like 6~8, Innovis, IDA/Sage Strem, LexisNexis (you might want to request a copy of their report) and many others for varies purposes like for employment screening, tenant screening, banking, medical, insurances...