Question

mamut1

unfair sent to collections
Hi,
I been here in the states for 10 years paying all my bills but without a credit card. Is there a way the agencies can give me credit for this?

Also, I was sent to collections for an unfair bill for a covered annual preventive visit at the Gynecologist. I don't want to pay it because it is unfair. Am I ever going to have good credit with this bill in collections?

You can't get credit for paying typical bills.

The collection will remain for seven years on your credit reports since the time the payment due became late.

I suggest doing as much reading as you can on credit and how to build credit. You will most likely have to start out with a Secured credit card. If you ever decide to pay the "unfair" bill, be sure to try to get a "pay for delete agreement" first.