Question

sheltonshort

Understanding credit report process.
I've been trying to check my credit on and off for the past year and having the hardest time doing it. My last name was changed when I was very young, but I don't think that is the issue because everything I've done with my credit has been in the present last name I hold. This is becoming frustrating as I am having trouble applying for things with my credit. I am very anxious to know what is on my credit. Please help!

Have you had credit accounts that were reported to the credit bureaus and was it within the past 10 years? Some lenders do not report to the credit bureaus and old accounts can fall off of your reports. Have you tried getting a credit report directly from the three credit bureaus? Maybe try that if you haven't yet. The three credit bureaus are Transunion, Equifax and Experian.