Question

Dorothea4967Aeh

Unauthorized Hard Inquiries
I recently attempted to co-sign for a friend on a car. I specifically told the salesman - NO MORE THAN 1 HARD INQUIRY - and was assured by him that he would only do one. He did 3! Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks, Mark

Most Helpful Response

You can try writting a letter to each one. I had a similar situation when I recently purchased a vehicle. I walked into the dealership with bank financing already prepared. The salesman aksed me fill out a credit app, saying it was a government requirement, I called BS and he fought me on it tooth and nail. I finally agreed when he assured me they would not run my credit. I took 7 hard inquiries that day. Recently I began writing letters to each company, 3 have responded with letters saying they had no records of the inquiry and they would send letters to all 3 bureaus within the next 30 days. I found the letter on a credit forum and edited it to my needs. Btw, that salesman no longer works at that dealership. Best of luck!