Question

PAX2100

Unable to reach collector
I have a collection. It says the account is with a bill collector, but no information on how to contact them. How do I find our how to contact this collector so I can pay off the collection. I have never received a call or notice from a bill collector and the collection is 4 years old.

Most Helpful Response

Try to google the name that appears on your credit report or call the credit bureau reporting the item. Also you may want to dispute this item first. If you can't get in contact with them, then there is a good chance the credit bureaus cannot reach them as well... If that is the case then the debt will be removed from you credit report and your score goes up.... Good luck my friend.

PAX2100

Google yeilded no results.. I was able to get contact infromation from TransUnion eventually, I made multiple calls, and left multiple messages and no one called bacl. Once I disputed the charge magically they came to life- I got the debt paid off.. (it was only $57), but **** it hurt my credit forever.. once that fell off my score jumped 19 points :)

Thx! :)