Question

caddynancy

Unable to pay monthly dues on Golf resort.
Owned property over 35 years, never built but responsible for dues. Taxes under $25 a year. Have excellent credit but unemployed. Property management is aware that I will sell my lot for $1, donate to charity, anything to get the responsibility off my monthly cost of living. What is the best and quickest way to deal with this and keep my 740 credit score?

Golf property dues

Thanks for the follow up. The lot has been hard to get rid of. I'm willing to give it away to avoid paying monthly land owner dues. It's not on my credit report. Never going to build on it. Just a bad decision I made while in college 35 years ago. It has the benefit of playing the 2 golf courses for free. Dues are less than a round of golf. Any suggestions what I should do? Thanks

If it is something you can no longer afford and might be reported adversely if you fell behind on the payments, I'd just go ahead and terminate this arrangement and not worry so much about the hit your credit score 'might' take if this were cancelled.  Your score can go up easy enough in the future.  It's smart to terminate something you can't comfortably continue paying on.