Question

Mizzlezlee

Typical time to repair poor credit
Wondering how long it has taken others to repair or improve poor credit

Most Helpful Response

I went from low 540's to about 680 in 6 months. Hoping to be in mid-700's within another 6 months. Lots of "tricks" out there... but the main things I did was get rid of a couple collections I had on my credit by paying off in exchange for them being removed completely. Had my fiance add me as an authorized user on two of her oldest cards with perfect payment history for 3 years. After 3 months I was able to get new card of my own (capitol one quicksilver), paid good on that for 2 months then was able to get a car loan (2% for 60 months with about 40% down payment through Capitol one as well). Keeping very low balances on the credit card(s) and paying on time. My personal goal is to get the Chase Sapphire Prefered some point in 2017... hopefully it will happen but due to a divorce a couple years ago my credit was hit badly because of a forcloser and missed payments on a car loan so who knows... eventually it will all be repaired though.

I've gone from 528 to 645 actual FICO in about a year.    It is always a slow start but then things start to pick up.  I think more than three quarters of my gains have come in the last six months.  Just be patient. 

It took me six years to go from a  poor score to an excellent score. 

Did not have any bad information on my Credit report, but to get to where I wanted to be building my Credit it was just over 4 years.