Question

tiredofrenting

tying to up scores
trying to up my scores (603) need at least (640) to get a homepath loan for a home, right now pay way to much for rent, could be paying a lot less for a homepath home loan but nee a 640 score to receive a loan. I have one judgement from (2006) and four collections. It would be easier for me to pay collection and try to get them off, but will they actually take them off and how long will it take for them to be removed? How much would it raise my score if I paid those four collections off. I could be saving over five hundred a month if I purchased a homepath home, and I really need a place to call my own!

Most Helpful Response

Double-check with professional

My understanding is that once you've paid the collections in full, you have to ask them to remove the negative reports and/or change it to "Paid in full". If they do, it shouldn't take more than 1 or 2 reporting cycles to show up on your report.