Question

Marcy556

Two unauthorized hard inquiries, the cause for score drop?
My husband and I recently financed a new car through the dealership. Before we went to purchase the car, we both checked our credit scores on CK. We had no hard inquiries at all at that point. After financing, the expected inquiries (3, btw) were there from the dealership. The car is titled in both of our names, and neither of our scores dropped much at all afterward.

Now we are looking at improving our credit scores in order to buy a house. I noticed I have two, new hard inquiries that I did not authorize. One is from Discover reported by TransUnion, the other by CCB/PPC by TransUnion. I have never signed up for any credit cards from Discover or from PayPal and don't know why my credit is being pulled. My credit score has dropped roughly 40 points from these inquiries (or so it appears at least).

Did these unauthorized and potentially fraudulent inquiries bring down my score, or was the drop in score delayed from the purchase of the car? If the latter, why didn't it affect my husband's score as well?

Anyone?