Question

coreystapleton

Two school loans but four accounts?
I currently have two school loans out. They initially were with Company A but were "PURCHASED BY ANOTHER LENDER; TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER OFFICE" who is Company B. Both loans were for the same amount, but they are listed on my report 4 times... Is there anyway I can get Company A removed from my report for the two original accounts? I did default a few months on the original Company A but the entire account was "Transferred".

Company A - LOAN 1 $xxxx.xx
- LOAN 2 $xxxx.xx

Company B - LOAN 1 $xxxx.xx
- LOAN 2 $xxxx.xx

I would like to purchase a home soon and I would like to clear up my report before lenders think that I have 4 loans out when I actually only have two.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry, but each company is allowed to list the account when they acquire the loan.  I had three loans but they were listed 8 times.  Given the "until paid off" collectability of the student loans, I suggest waiting on the house until after the loans are paid down.