Question

AndrewLeeW1

Two People One Small Claims Court Judgment
I lived with a roommate in an apartment for several years. We were evicted and sent to small claims court. We now owe about 3k on the apartment eviction. I would like to remove it however my roommate has filed bankruptcy since our time together in the apartment. What does that mean for me? Am I even able to pay the fine to get it removed from my credit report? Does the judgement just simply stay on my credit report?

In most cases, negative information will remain on your reports whether paid or not, unless you could get a "pay for delete agreement" which may be difficult in this case, but it is something to do some reading on. The thing about judgements is that they can be renewed if you never pay them and can haunt your credit until you pay them off. You should read about the "pay for delete agreements" and "how to deal with judgements on your credit report" to get some more info. Your exroomates bankruptcy will not affect you in any way.