Question

Mechanicsgirl

Two old collection accounts suddenly reporting late payments??
I have two old collections on my report. Both are small, under $300 from a hospital. They have been on my report since 2013. I have had no contact with the agencies and have not entered into a payment agreement with either. Suddenly this month they are reporting my payment as late? How is that possible if I don' t make payments to them and never have? I have been working really hard to restore my credit and this is ruining my perfect on time payment score.

I advise you to check your reports directly from the credit bureaus or from another site to make sure it isn't just a glitch on here. If this is truly the case, they should not be doing this and you would want to do some reading on the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) and contact an FDCPA attorney. Check your reports elsewhere first as it may be a glitch here.

Me too!

I literally had the same thing happen with 2 4+ year old collections too. Please let me know what Happens.