Question

FinanciallyAwareTeenager

Two credit companies unable to confirm my identity, but one was. why?
I was going though a first-time credit check as I am 19 and wanted to check on a few things. I found that only experian was able to confirm my identity, but only online. When I called to dispute something it took them 15 minutes to manually confirm me again. Now when I went to look at the other two reports, they were unable to confirm my identity. Also, I have a large number of outstanding collections (disputing the ones on experian) from when I was 14-18... I am wondering if it is possible to take legal action against the collectors who illegally tried to collect and in turn wrecked my credit?

Most Helpful Response

Address wrong

I have never live in Dallas ga. Please delete this off of my credit report. Also all tax liens have been completely satisfied. 

missdolly

I have never lived in Dallas, Texas  miss dolly

The reason they couldn't verify your identity could be for a number of reasons, but likely it's due incorrect items reporting on your credit.

From what you've said, there seems to be some issues with mis-reporting items on your credit report when you were 14 and legally unable to apply for credit. (The only exception would be if someone added you as an authorized user to their card and then mishandled the account.)

It sounds like they can't verify your identity using the information inside your report because too much of the info is different. I've had this happen before and it's fairly simple to request a paper copy over the phone. (I got my copy in less than a week.) 

Haddoc Dode

I have never applied for credit from you please delete from my credit report