Question

Charle3n

Two credit cards listed as 'closed' in credit report.
I have a Belk and a Target credit card that I could not pay due to me losing my job a few months ago. These cards are both listed as 'closed' in my credit report. I would like to pay the cards off, but I would really like for my credit score to improve. Is this possible? I am terrible at negotiations and I just want to get these debts paid off, being that I owe them. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Two Closed Cards

It is always best to pay the cards off as it looks much better on your credit report. If the accounts have not already gone to a third party collector I would call each issuer and see if they would delete the negative entries from your credit report in return for payment. Sometimes that happens and it has a profound effect on your score. Best of luck!