Question

Shivx

Two bills in collections without ever receiving a bill?
I recently got denied for a car loan, I went to the branch I have my current car loan through to see if I could trade in my current vehicle and use the trade in to pay off the rest of my loan then get a new loan for a car that's better on gas. The branch sent me a letter in the mail saying I was denied due to " Collection acct/judgement/tax lien". I requested my credit report from Experian and on the report it shows that I have two separate $300 bills from a doctor's group that works out of a hospital I went to in 2012. I never received a bill from the doctor's group, although I did receive and pay my hospital bill. I have always had insurance so I'm not sure why I would even receive a $300 bill in the first place. Is there any way to figure out why it didn't go to my insurance or why I didn't receive a bill? Is there any way I can get it off my credit report so I can hopefully trade my car in?

Most Helpful Response

Yes, there is always a way... First you can call your insurance company to find out info about this specific debt. See if they received a claim. (you will need the date and time of service) To attempt to have this debt removed from your credit file. Simply write a dispute letter to the credit bureaus stating that you were recently denied credit because of the following. State that this is not your debt. If this is a bogus bill; they must remove it from your credit file within 30 days. Do not contact the creditor until you find proof that this is your debt. If it is your debt then set up a payment plan that requires them to remove the negative charge once you pay off the debt. Be sure to get that in writing first though. Also most vechicles that you finance depreciate faster than your loan amount, so you may be upside down on cost of the loan vs the value of your car. Good luck my friend.

Thanks for your reply, redguy.

Okay, so I called my insurance company and they do have two bills that match up to the dates that the collections accounts were opened. They say that the only thing I should have been billed was a $30 copay. I have 2 accounts in collections for over $300. How do I prove to Experian that this is not correct? Do I contact the collections agency at all?