Question

Inquierer

Tuition bought by collection agency. Can still pay tuition on college website!!!
My college website is still giving me the option of paying what i owe the school. I had not read the email on time that my balance had to be paid in full before July 1st. They did not send me a letter!

Was contacted by a collection agency asking for a portion of what i owe the school, not the full amount? That's confusing. Tried calling school's bursars office Friday but they didn't answer. Today's July 4th. Was first contacted on Friday. I'm trying to take care of all this as swiftly as possible.

Credit Karma has not notified me about a collection on my profile.
Should i pay the tuition and ignore collection agency?

It's not like i can be forced to pay twice for the same bill, right?
Although the time did run out. ?

Help
Asap!

pay the school

sometimes people sell debt to other people if they they don't think the debt will be payed and they've exhausted all their resources to get it paid.  A few days sounds awfully fast to give it to someone else.  But definately double check with the school or just pay them.  there are lots of scammy debt collectors.