Question

scottyspot

TU shows 653, Eq shows 711, how did that happen?
Just updated today. Equifax shows 711 here and Transunion shows 653. Now what doesn't make any sense is that Equifax shows one more inquiry, and it shows an old and paid off judgement (that will come off in July I think). I have less than 30% open CC debt, no late payments, and neither the mortgage I paid off on Feb 27th nor the car I paid off on the 14th are showing as paid off yet. So, with TU looking like a better report how in the world is it 58 points lower than the Equifax one? It makes no sense.

Something is different

The only thing that I can speculate is that SOMETHING is different.  Is an account showing "Open" on one while "Closed" on the other?   This could be a collection, a charge-off, or something else entirely....  The number of OPEN accounts is critical, because that effects your "average age of accounts".

Is there an extra listing on one that isn't on the other?  I have a closed "photo" radar ticket listed on one, that isn't on the other.  This is my only difference between the two, making for a 20 point difference in scores.   

Hope that helps!

No collections at all on either. Both show the exact same age. The only difference is the transition shows one less inquiry and the equivalent shows an old satisfied judgement that is within a few months of dropping off. I would think if anything the equivalent should be the lower of the two.