Question

MB2007

TU Score of 559..NEED ADVICE!
I am 25 years old and have TU score of 559. I have never owned a credit card in my life and I think I need one to begin building my credit. I am mainly looking to get a credit card to help make monthly payments on my student loans. I currently owe around $6,000 in total on my remaining loans which I regret to say have been defaulted. I need advice on which credit card is right for me and which one I will most likely get approved for. I'm sure this matters for some companies so i'll throw it out there, I am currently unemployed (which shouldn' be for much longer). I'll be honest...I have never really cared about my credit score before but now that I am out of school and beginning the "adult life" I could really use some info as to what my next step would be. I've read reviews on credit cards on certain sites that prefer I get a secured CapitalOne card, but the main problem with that is at this time I really can't afford to put down money for the deposit. I fanyone can give me a little info on my next step, that would be awesome. Thanks.

For help on your student loans, please call Crest at 469-619-0644. They may be able to get you in forbearance and out of default and have a zero monthly payment based on income (or lack thereof).  You can find out in 10 minutes with a phone call.  For a credit card, you may want to start with a "secured" card.  Go to www.creditcards.com and compare secured cards for the best deals.  Make sure you get one that reports to all 3 credit bureaus.  To learn move overall about credit etc., I recommend www.credit.about. com.  Best of luck to you!!

Addison170

FYI - I don't work for Crest or get any type of compensation for referrals, but know lots of students that have benefitted from their assistance.