Question

rye421

Trying to repair a ton of credit issues to get car loan, plz help!
Ok so I am trying to get a loan for a car here in the next few months. I will have some money to put down, but will need to finance the rest. So here is what I am working with. I have like 8 things in collections, one being from a foreclosure from about 7 years ago. One thing me & the wife have been contemplating is just going through bankruptcy, and trying to start over. Problem is we don't have the funds to go through it. I heard of some 7 year rule, but don't know what all it applies to. We also thought about just trying to eliminate some of the other smaller debt in hope to gain credit back, but wonder if it is pointless having a huge mortgage in collections still. Like why pay 2 or 3 thousand dollars if there will still be 30k left? Would it make a huge difference if it was only the one thing on there. Would creditors see that I took care of the rest. Im totally lost and don't know where to begin.. Please any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Don't be foolish!!!

While people are told that a bankruptcy is a "new beginning" no one explains that it means starting totally all over, being charged higher interest and having to work very hard to rebuild credit.  And a bankruptcy remains on your credit for TEN years.  But you're going to have negative remarks on your credit report for 7 years due to the collections.  With the collections and forclosures, you're showing a poor repayment record and who can say you won't repeat the process after the bankruptcy is completed?  You may wish to talk to a bankruptcy attorney, though.  They usually offer a free initial consultation and will offer some alternatives to bankruptcy which should seriously be considered.  I don't see a loan for a car being possible without you having to pay high interest IF you are able to get it financed.  I strongly suggest reading the articles on this site and using the tools so you can see how to improve your credit.  That's what this site was designed for.