Question

h20c20

trying to remove derogatory account
i got a closed credit card that was bought by LVNV Funding now when all that happened i was not in the country i was overseas taking care of something for my father i was away for 9 months and i have airline tickets to back me up is that a good argument to get this account removed from my credit history because i never got there letters

Why would it be a good argument? A bill(s) wasn't paid, regardless where you were at, it's still your responsibility, you didn't fulfilled your side of bargain. It's not much different than the excuse of "my dog ate my homework".

h20c20

Did i mention it was credit one they have no auto pay the place i went to does not have internet and yes i was responsible enought to leave my father money to pay this card off but he got very sick

JohnnyRain127

You are missing the point, because all you see right now is the excuses of not taking care your responsibility. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying you don't have good reason(s) not to pay your bills and not judging you. It's that excuse don't matter to creditors, they want get paid as you agreed to, if they do care why the bill wasn't paid? then they won't charged it off and sold your debt to collection in the first place... Bottom line, bill wasn't paid, it got sold to collection, any excuses/reasons you had for not paying it won't make tiniest bit difference to LVNV or any other collection agencies, you certainly welcome to dispute it with credit bureaus, but as long it's reported correctly then there is very little chance of getting it removed.