Question

LiveGreen79

Trying to raise my score from 614. Just got approved- $500 cc, how do I use it to raise my score?
I have had minimal credit history and its been patchy. I'm not too bad right now, considering my past, with a 614 but I want to raise it, preferably within a few months. I applied for a credit card that Credit Karma suggested and was approved for $500. What's the best way to use the card to *hopefully* quickly raise my score?
Thanks!

Always keep a balance of at least $5.00 on your credit card at all times and your scores will increase.

Never, ever go over 30% of your utilization or your scores will drop.