Question

financingquestions

Trying to purchase land and refinance
I need assistance on how to refinance my modular and purchase land to put it on and pay only one mortgage. Should I just try for loan for the amount needed, or should I go through the house buying process, any suggestions how to do this? My credit rating is fair, but my cash flow is low.

Most Helpful Response

It might be best to try to find a mobile home dealer first. They usually specialize in "Land/Home pakages". See if they have any available land. Also Modular homes loses its value rather quickly so unless you've been paying a boat load of cash to lower your loan; 9 times out of 10 you are probably upside down on your loan. So it may be a tricky situation trying to tie your home in with the land because you need equity especially with little money down. Also look in personal ads for a private seller, they can be more flexable. Good luck my friend.