Question

matthewst007

Trying to increase score. Pay off the balance (10% of available credit) after it is reported?
This has been asked here before but I could not find a definite "Yes" or "No".

I have read that the best/quickest way is to carry a small balance on my card (10% or so) when the balance is reported to the credit bureaus then pay off the balance before the due date (so as not to incur interest). Is this correct? If so how do I know what date(s) I should be paying down to 10% and what date(s) I should be paying off the balance each month?

Most Helpful Response

Check two things.

• The statement close date of the account. Make your payment before this date to avoid interest.
  • Check the calendar of when the company reports. (Click on the envelop at the top of the page) Make your payment after this date so the account reports a balance.

Make the payment between these dates.

matthewst007

Thank you. :-)