Trying To Buy An RV
In November my partner and I are moving out of a crazy expensive lease. We want to go traveling in an RV full time. Right now we just want to stay local to help pay off debts before hitting the road. I was seeing if we could just go ahead and get an RV in November so I wanted to see if I would get pre approved at all. I did not. It said : Excessive number of delinquencies on your credit report. Delinquent past or present credit with others. Time since delinquency too short. Account/Accounts being reported as charged off. Proportion of credit balances to credit limits too high.

And I am paying off my debts I am just wondering what it will take to make them disappear and how long.

Thanks for any help!

Most Helpful Response

Excessive number of delinquencies will stick around for 7 years if they went to collections.   Routinely, if they are current debts, they could roll off the schedule in 2 years as long as the debt is kept current.  The entry for Account/Accounts being reported as charged off means they could not collect from you for whatever reason and just wrote off the debt, that will stay on your record for 7 years.   You can still contact those companies to pay them off.   You should negotiate with them to remove the debt entirely.  Agree in writing and then send the money.  Charged off means they can't collect from you but it could hold off you dream for 7 years.

RV Purchase

Whether it's an RV, Car or credit card that you're seeking, you would do best to resolve the delinquencies. If they are legitimate, contact the original creditor directly and make them an offer. The older the delinquency, the less money it will take for them to settle. If it's relatively new, still try to make a deal with them in exchange for them to "remove the debt" from your credit report. You need to make this deal in writing before you send them the money. This will boost your score the most. Regarding high credit balances - do whatever you can to get your balance to zero. Your credit utilization accounts for 30% of your total credit score...

they will disappare 7 years from when they were reported.   Thats what it will take.