Question

CrazyB257

Trying to buy a truck
I am about to start the process of purchasing a truck. I have CK and Vantage score of 640 and my FICO is 608. I have an existing loan on a Jeep Patriot that I have had for 3 years with on time payments. I was pre-approved through Cap 1 for $25,000. I was also recently approved for a master card with my credit union for $1000. Should I wait for that new CC to post on my report and raise my credit score before applying for a loan? I don't want this to ding my score for no reason. Any advice or ideas?

Do you have any credit cards now? If you don't, then when this one hits your reports it should boost your FICO scores in a significant way, if that is the case, then wait until the card hits your reports. Just make sure that you don't put much of a balance on it (keep it low utilization, less than ten percent of the credit line). If you currently have a few credit cards, then the new card posting probably wouldn't make much of a difference.