Question

dodson13fox

trying to buy a house
ok i would love to buy a house instead of paying for someone else house. my credit is slowly building back up and i would love to get a credit card to help build it back up but am afraid of getting turned down for one and having hard inquire on my credit report. what would be the best option for me considering my credit report?

Most Helpful Response

Hi Dodson13fox, credit cards can be a useful tool for rebuilding your credit. 

I suggest looking at card reviews here: https://www.creditkarma.com/shop/creditcards. For each card, you should see your approval odds. This uses historical data to see how likely you are to be approved for a given card, combined with reading reviews from other members, you might find a card that is a good match for you. 

If your score is very low, or you have limited credit history, you may want to look into secured credit cards.

Hope that helps!

We can't see your credit report here.  I do suggest you check all three of your credit reports to remove any errors and learn how to build your credit so you can eventually buy a house if you want to.  Paying rent is not so bad, either, since that party takes care of maintaining the property, pays property tax and fixes things that are broken.  These are things to consider when deciding if buying a house is better than renting.

Please read the articles here so you can learn how to better your credit score since that is the purpose of Credit Karma.  This site is not a credit bureau.