Question

Jayhawker86

Trying to buy a home and I need to raise my score quickly!
My score is currently 628 and I need to raise it to at least 680. On my credit report I only have a Discover secured card which I have never had a late payment and a student loan that I am paying on that had been in collections in the past. So on my report it shows my defaulted loan from the original debtor and then for the same loan where it was sold to which I've been making on time payments. I just applied for a new credit card through Cap one and was approved for a 1000 CL in hopes that it would boost my score since I mostly have had neg reports in my credit history. Recently my husband and I were approved for a home loan for only 165k and we would like to be at least approved for a 250k loan. We have 12k to put down but I feel like its my score holding us back. Help!

If you have a collection on your credit reports for the defaulted loan, it is causing added damage for being an open collection. Is there any way that you could get this paid off and get the collection closed? Or better yet, get it removed with a "pay for delete agreement"? I am glad to hear that you opened another card to get another positive account reporting. Are you watching your FICO scores? They are the important ones you know.