Question

Court900

Trying to build credit
Is it hurting me to pay my credit card bills before the due date. These are my 2 first credit cards ever and i am trying to obtain a credit score

Most Helpful Response

No, you definitely DO want the payments to reach the processing site before the due date.  But you do not want to pay more than the total balance due as shown on the statement, and you want to keep your usage (the percent of available credit you use) between 1% and 20%.

Because you are relatively new to the credit game, I do advise taking some time to read the articles on this site.  I found them quite enlightening, especially since credit is not taught in schools.  And teaching about credit is the purpose of this site.