Question

Tuskers

Trust Credit Karma?
I would like an opinion. Every time I log in to credit karma, the first thing I see is, "based on your credit profile, we recommend you get the Discover It card" Based on my profile? I already have this card and credit karma is monitoring it !!! How can I trust credit karma is really on top of what's going on? Interesting, huh?

Credit Karma's sole purpose is to educate people on how credit works and how to make it work for you.  All the information and financial tools are free to the user.  BUT, it does cost money to set up and maintain an Internet site and the advertisers (credit cards) shown here do the contributing and hope to gain it back by people using their services/products.

NOTHING here is sent to anyone else.  It is strictly for your personal use.  I get offers for credit cards and the interest rate on them is too high for my comfort, so I went with one from my credit union.  I make my own choices, you should, too.   

Tuskers

I understand what you are saying. My objection is, they are saying the suggestion is based on my profile which is noy true. If it were, they would see I already have the card.