Question

akfield12

Trasnfer some of maxed out balance?
I have a credit card with a 7000 limit there us currently 6800 on it. Should I open a balance transfer card with a 0% apr for 12 monthsd and transfer some of the balance to that? Would this increase, decrease, or have no affect on my score?

Depends

If you can do a balance transfer to a 0% for 12 months card, why would you only want to transfer part of what is on your current card?  Why not transfer ALL of it and pay it off in the 12 months?  Keep the other card in reserve.  That way you will show a higher available cred it and a lower credit card usage, which improves a credit score.

I had 3 cards with a nearly 20% interest rate and was able to consolidate them to a new card with a much higher credit limit and significantly lower interest rate.  My credit score jumped significantly.  I'm paying off the other cards, building a savings account and keeping the old cards in reserve with minimum usage and immediate payoff.