Question

Dee6ee

Transunion will not remove hard inquiry
I have a hard inquiry on my transunion report, this is because Macy's decided to apply me for a credit card, I NEVER asked for it. After talking to Macy's I got a letter stating that they have asked transunion to remove the inquiry from my report. Transunion has not removed it since Dec of 2016. After many phone calls and faxing them and sending the letter that I received from Macy's that they have asked for it to be removed, transunion sent me a letter stating that they will not remove it, without a valid reason. Is there anything I can do? I am new to this country and I am trying to build my credit and this is not helping. Thanks you!

Let it go, if Transunion isn't going to remove it, there isn't much you can do. Hard Inquiries have only a slight impact on your credit and they are removed in two years. One inquiry is really nothing, many people have several inquiries. And besides, I am not sure how Macy's could have ran your credit without you giving them the information to do so, and when you give a lender the information needed to run credit, that is basically giving permission to run credit and that is probably how Transunion sees it. All in all, focus on something else that you can do to improve your credit, time will be better spent.

Dee6ee

I understand what you are saying, but I am trying to build up my credit (I am new to the US only 6 months) and my score went down 8 points due to the inquiry. If people can't do their job correctly or take responsibility for their actions, maybe they should do something different. I mean it was not my fault, if it was I wouldn't have asked for help.