Question

Dee6ee

Transunion will not remove hard inquiry
I have a hard inquiry that was without my consent, I spoke to the creditor (macy's) and explained to them what was going on. They understand that I was not at fault, and sent me a letter stating that they had asked Transunion to remove the inquiry from my credit report. I have spoken on the phone, sent mail and faxed the letter from from macys stating that it was a mistake on their part and to have it removed. Transunion has not removed it and told me that a creditor has the right to do a hard inquiry without my knowing or consent. WHAT?? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hmmmm.  Very interesting.......  This would be the first I've heard of an CB not wanting to removed a potentially negative item off a credit file, even with proof.....  I would re-send the letter you obtained from Macy's and explain your intentions to move foward if the request isn't met withing 30 days of receival of this letter as stated by the "fair credit reporting act"..........  Make sure that Macy's is admitting fault in that letter....... Credit Bureaus are supposed to be "neautral" with their reporting... Which means they will report information a creditor provides as well as info that you provide as well........ Make sure you send the letter via "Certified Mail" with return receipt.  Go to the post office and ask to mail it this way... Probably about $10 to do so... But this will be legally binding........  Also ask them to send you an updated copy of your credit file...... If they still refuse; file a complaint with the "Federal Trade Commission".......