Question

Topaz123456

Transunion vs Credit Karma
I couldn't understand why my credit score on Credit Kaema was so low. I paid to get it on the actual Transunion website. Both my credit score and my husband's were over 200 points more on Transunion than on Credit Karma. We're thinking aabout buying a new car so the credit score really matters when it comes to the interest rate we get. I don't plan to ever look at the credit karma website again. I don't know where they get their information but it is not from Transunion like they say.

Most Helpful Response

People need to understand that we have not just one credit score, we literally have100 different credit scores, Tho they all reflecting correctly base on your credit report but they calculate the score on different scoring models. Even the most wildly used FICO score? has 50 different versions.

Well be aware that your auto lender probably will not use the score you got from Transunion either as I don't believe Transunion provides a Fico score. Most lenders use FICO scores, so you may want to purchase those and take a look at your Fico auto scores as it is likely they will be the ones being used.