Question

FishiesRCute

TransUnion updated report after dispute but score still has not changed
I disputed some items on my TransUnion Report, had some incorrect collections reports taken off and had a late payment removed from my credit card... but my credit score is still the same. It has been over two months now and my credit score has gone up 90 points with Experian and 75 points with Equifax, but it is still the same as before the dispute with TransUnion. Do I have to call them to get them to update the score? I was told it would automatically do that when someone requested it, but my Discover card checks it every month and there has been no change. Is this normal?

Most Helpful Response

Credit scores don't always increase after a dispute is cleared up, especially if your score is in the 700s or higher.  Since updates are done on these files every week, you're getting a current score.  It just may not change for many months like mine. It's been the same for many months, and that doesn't bother me.