Question

kevinm440

Transunion score dropped drastically, no changes, collection accounts moved to accounts section
I have 3 collection accounts about 2-3 years old on both Equifax and TU. From one week to the next, my TU score dropped 48 pts., and it lists no collections. However, the collection accounts have been moved to the accounts section. Equifax score has gone up because I've been paying down credit cards and still lists the collections correctly. Other than the collection placements, the reports are exactly the same! What is going on with TU?

Most Helpful Response

TU account moved collections to open

Same here do we even have and rights? It doesn't seem fair they (collection agency) can keep reopening and closing old debts at will and moving and changing the status making them seem like new recent debts. If I could I'd pay them off but the keep me at such a low score I can never get ahead 😢 especially high interest rates and no one will to give me a loan all because of medical bills.

Do any human beings who work for Credit Karma even read this Community Forum, or are we talking to outer space?

I would assume that this must be a glitch as so many people are posting about it. I advise to check your credit reports elsewhere to see what is going on.

mickey8255

Enter Your Reply I don't think it's a g;ytich. I was told from a loan officer at a bank that these people sell off their old collections to new collection agencies and the new collections post them to the   collections as new debt. WHICH I THINK SHOULD BE ILLLEGAL !!!

Me Too

Seems as if this has happened to a few people who are posting here.  My score went down when an old collection account got moved from collections to Open Accounts.  It apparently has increased my debt ratio and caused my score to go down.  Not even sure if this is legal.  I'm wondering if this is an attempt to "re-age" an old debt?

Tu sucks

I just got a notice that a new employer has been added to my account. I don't have an employer at all. I am retired. Tu has, for some unforeseen reason, continues to put my sons information on my account. He just started a new job. I have contacted TU before and had them remove his info but they keep putting it back on.

y

o

new collection

i believe the old collection agency sold it to another. after a while they get tired and switch. before that 7 yr. just happened to me. my 14k tax check i used to pay all debt ncuding med bills credit cards and car loan. now i just sa one more for 411. im really working on homeownership so i am paying the 411 friday morning.