Question

AceBuilders

Transunion lists a 63 point difference btw 2 sites?!?!
I have 2 CCs with Capital one and I have been using Capital One Credit Tracker to monitor my credit score. Transunion is the source for the score and it rates my credit score 63 points higher than what is listed on CreditKarma, which is also provided by Transunion.

That’s a huge point difference for me, Cap 1 places me with average credit and CK, poor. I’m not sure which one is more accurate. How can I make this determination? I want to trust the cap 1 score because I have been able to obtain credit and get plenty of pre-approved offers for their products. It doesn’t seem as if I would receive that if I had the CK score.

depends

All creditors use their own variation of the credit scoring model. The trick is to figure what are you building your score up for. If it's for a new mortgage, than you need to find out how their model reflects your score as an example.