Question

Tubablake

Transfering a balance on just one card
Hi,
I have a Wells Fargo Credit Card, how do I transfer the balance from just that card to a new card which I will get?

Thanks,
Kyle

Well you would make a payment towards the Wells Fargo balance with your new card.  I however suggest you don't completely pay it off unless you have the intention of closing it.  A 1% utilization is always better than 0%.  You will get a better score is you maintain a minimum balance on your Wells Fargo Card.  I suggest a balance not exceeding 30% of your available credit.  Keep that in mind as well for your new card.  Hope this helps.

Regards.

Your new card will provide you with information on how to do a balance transfer (lots of times they send you blank checks that you fill out to send to older lender to pay them off, then that amount is charged to your card).  Keep in mind that you will be paying a balance transfer fee, they tell you what that is up front (a percentage of the transfer amount).