Question

danlidster

Trans Union Bank received: 769; Trans Union Reported on CK: 825?
I applied for a Refi on my home and I received the best rate, but the huge disparity between my scores concerns me. They said I owed too much on revolving debt; yet I'm only at 6% utilization. They said I had too many revolving accounts with balances; I have 2 revolving accounts one for business and one personal; total balance together of $1,600 as of the date they checked. Lastly I have had a credit card from the same bank since 1982, yet they say the length of time accounts established is too short (I can only figure that each time my card is compromised and a new one issued that the clock starts over). If credit scores have such an impact on everything we do, why are they so inconsistent? Also, Bank Equifax: 808, CK: 824; closer, but the same reasons given there too.

Google "Vantage score vs. FICO score" . 

Banks use FICO, CK is Vantage...

Scores are generated off of different criteria.