Question

Dee751

Tranfer my credit card balances? Open a new credit card.
I have a debit of $898 of two department credit cards. I want to open a new credit card that is not department cards. My credit score drop in the last six months from 725 to 675. Is this a good idea? Also should I transfer my credit cards balance to this one new credit cards?

The best idea would be to work hard to get this debt paid off rather than transferred and opening up the opportunity to incur more debt on top of what you already have. Work a little overtime, get a second job, sell some things that you don't need, cut spending and apply all you can get your hands on to this debt. It is the right thing to do for yourself. I understand that this isn't the "easy answer" but it is the best answer.