Question

RMA0524

trading in my car for a newer car 6-7 months before applying for Mortgage
Ok I need to trade in one of my vehicles for a newer car my Transunion score is 774 (DTI 13%) more than likely the newer car will be more expensive but at a lower interest rate and lower payments. in 6-7 months I plan on STARTING the process for applying for a mortgage during that time frame I plan of paying off the other 2 cars and lowering my credit card balances. My question is should I wait on the new car and how bad if at all will it affect my credit score. And yes I know the conventional answer is house then car but waiting might not be an option

If the DTI is going to be lower and so is the payment it may work for you especially if it's 6-7 months and closer to a year to apply for mortgage.  They'll obviously look at the big picture but I don't see anything wrong with your plan!