Question

asherx

Too many recently opened accounts
I have recently gotten my credit score and one of the things that it said was negatively affecting my score was too many recently opened accounts. How recent is recent? How far back does it usually go?

Most Helpful Response

my score dropped 7 points in one day

Thanks to Credit Karma my score went from low 500s to mid low 700s. I started with seven year drop off debt and one store card that I have for only year and a half. Thanks to advice from members I now have three major cards with no balance and two store cards with low balance. My score was climbing until today. The store card I just got a few days ago reported and now my score dropped almost one hundred points. Let us both hope that our scores will recover by next month. Anybody with knowledge can you please help