Question

varkie

Too many credit cards
I made the mistake of getting too many credit cards, even though I pay most in full each month and my utilization is around 22%. What would be the best way to reduce the number of cards I have without negatively impacting my credit score which is currently 743?

Pay in full monthly

How you use the available credit is the key thing and your utilization is still higher than ideal, which should run below 20%.  Strive to get the cards paid off so you're not paying the interest charge on the balance and then use your cards to pay the regularly recurring bills (power, insurance, cell phone, internet) using a credit card to automatically make the payment for you,  then paying the balance when the bill arrives.  That can jump your credit score.  And let the other cards (if any) stay in a lock box to come out only occasionally for use to keep them active.That you want to pay in full when the bill arrives or ASAP after.

How many is to many for you?   To many as in you can't manage them all?

I have 12 Credit cards and only have one on me.  the Rest are tucked away.   Oh and I keep them all at 0 Balance even the one I carry,  if I purchase something it gets paid off right away.