Question

tsescoe

Too many accounts in collections
I have about three small accounts that have gone into collections and two large accounts in collections. The small ones are between 100 and 200.00. The two big ones are 1500.00 and 4500.00. I am only making about 1200.00 per month after taxes and the majority of that goes to a car payment, insurance, and about 250.00 for gas per month. I cant even begin trying to pay these accounts off until I save up about 750.00 for the vets office and Christmas shopping. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!! Someone please help with some advise..

Most Helpful Response

Focus on your debts, not more spending. I understand Christmas is coming, but consider scaling WAY back this year, or changing your approach. I'm not sure how old your family is. If they're older then maybe suggest a yankee swap or secret santa exchange instead of gifts. if your kids are really young then the quantity doesn't matter.

So pay off the vet bill first and then put extra towards the smallest amount in collections. Make sure to get written confirmation that they're going to remove the delinquency from your report. Do this every month until the debts are paid off.

I can provide more input if you're willing to list your monthly expenses and what you currently spend your money on.

*please note I am not a professional, just willing to assist.