Question

mmoscuzza

To Loan or not to Loan?
I have excellent credit (790+) but Ive only ever had 1 car loan. I am about to make a sizable personal purchase ($15K) and am trying to decide whether or not it makes sense to get a loan or pay cash.

The only purpose of getting the loan would be to boost my credit score/history *I would likely pay it off within a month.

The only cost would be a 3% loan origination fee but Im not sure if this makes sense or if Im overcomplicating things.

Would appreciate any advice!

Most Helpful Response

If your Credit Score is in the High 790's then stay with cash. It would be like paying 450 dollars to boost your score. I for one have a hard time giving money away if I don't have to.

If you have the Cash see about getting a discount for cash.

Good Luck

Credit History takes Time, so does your Credit Score.