Question

summerkat

To boost credit rating, I applied for ONE Capital One card, got 2 with different numbers
I called Capital One, they said if they close the 2nd account it will be reported to the Credit Bureau of closed, which will negatively impact my credit. I applied for a card to boost my credit rating as I own no cards. They said to speak with my "Financial Advisor", I don't have one. What do I do??

Keep both cards, it will help your score move up even faster and it isn't hurting you in any way (unless you go crazy and max them both out).  Keep a tiny balance (1-3%) on them and watch your score increase.  

kevink4

Don't carry a balance.  Pay them off after the statement date and before the due date.  No reason to pay interest to improve score.