Question

luann1956

timeshare maintenance fees
I have stopped paying maintenance fees for a deeded timeshare, have been sent to collections...how bad will this affect my credit score? It has not shown up on my credit report yet.

The higher you're credit score is, the more it will affect you. You could potentially have a 100 point drop.

Have you approached your timeshare about possibly quit claiming your deed over to them?   I used to rent my timeshare online through a couple websites to help pay the yearly maintenance fees. Then I got lucky when a group of investors were purchasing blocks of timeshares. I had to pay them to get rid of it. It amounted to two years worth of maintenance fees. Also maintenance fees and HOA fees are not tax deductible.

I wish you luck. I wish I had never purchased the timeshare, and I discourage everyone from buying one.