Question

GBrzozowski

Three retail store cards I REALLY don't want anymore
Currently I have a credit card Best Buy, Gamestop and Discount Tire along with my regular credit card and a couple of gas cards. I have used the Discount Tire card once since I got it about two years ago, I stopped playing video games so the Gamestop card is pointless and the Best Buy card, while I could use for a movie or something, is just a waste of money.

Should I try to go about closing these cards? I know closing them hurts your score and lowers your overall available credit which can lower your debt to credit ratio. I just don't want to spend money at retail stores just to keep the card open.

Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Response

I dont think that any of those have annual fees so just keep them open.  I try not to close any accounts.  But they are store cards and if they dont fit your needs just close one a month.

I was in the same boat where I didn't want to close any accounts, but I'd rather not have them since I won't use them.

Thanks for your input.