Question

sunshine0063

thought I would get a soft credit inquary and it was a hard inquiry
I got a pre approved credit card offer in the mail when I checked the simulator on credit karma it showed it would raise my score so I accepted the offer on the same day. Now when I checked my score today it is showing a hard inquiry not a soft inquiry. I thought if it was pre approved it showed on your report as a soft hit not a hard. I'm trying to rebuild my credit and was doing ok and now this.

No, if you app for a credit card more then likely you will always get a hard inq.  But it is worth it, you will get more points by have the card and taking the hit for it.