Question

Bernadinee

This needs to be corrected!
I missed a paymet becuse I moved and did my received the invioce until I called the debtor! Now I have a late payment on my credit! This ridiculous!

Ms. TROXLER

This infomation needs to be corrected. A change of address was submitted,the creditor did not apply change of adress request. Now I have a late payment mark on my credit, Not Fair!

You are 100% at fault...payments are your responsibility regardless of receiving a statement or not. How long have you been paying the bill? I can't imagine you didn't know when it was due.

Anyways, you can possibly correct this with a goodwill letter to the company asking forgiveness. Explain politely the reason for missed payment & why it won't happen again. Lots of people have had excellent luck with this method and having the mark removed. Write the letter, don't type it, be polite. They have the power in this case so you need to plead your respectful case.

I'm unsure of what is that your were hoping to accomplish by posting here, if just by post here and your bad mark is gone? Then we all going to have clean reports... No matter what you think how ridiculous and unfair that late payment is, it did happened, the bill wasn't paid on time per the agreement between you and your creditor, unless of course it stated that it's not consider late if X, Y or Z happens. It's was reported to Credit Bureaus correctly, again, it didn't stated on FCRA that if X, Y or Z happens? Then it can't be reported as such, so dispute it with CB won't do you much good. It's pretty much between you and your creditor, you would need to convince creditor to remove that bad mark.

-

If you can provide some documentations that late payment was somehow beyond your control (i.e.,. you didn't received your bill in timely matter, when you contacted the creditor regarding it? They said something like... Oh, don't worry, just wait another few weeks, we can't take your payment without you having the paper bill in your hand...) then you may want to look into file a complaint with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

You could contact the creditor and see if they will remove the entry based on their perceived failure to update your new address.  Although, it is purely voluntary for them to do so, so you should not be demanding.   The end result was that it was your account to manage.   The fact that the statement was not delivered properly or was even misdelivered by the mail carrier, you should have the payment due date marked on your calendar or even set up for automatic payments.

But, it happened.  That is a good reason for getting automatic payments set up.  You will just have to live with this.