Question

koski19

Think twice before cleaning up Credit Report
I had a pretty good credit score. I noticed I had an outdated, unknown item on my credit report that was 10+ years old. I asked to have it removed. The request was granted and after the item was removed my credit score dropped 41 points!
This I believe is unjust. So, think twice about item removal from your credit report...........

Credit age

One of the contributing reasons would be that the overall age of your credit history likely dropped - which thus decreased your overall score.  Plus if it were an account that contributed to the number of on-time payments made, that too would contribute to the score reduction.